Monday, August 23, 2010

Yummy!

My commitment to trying new restaurants continued its successful uphill stride at Artisanal Fromagerie & Bistro. I stumbled across this lovely French bistro through a great offer on villagevines.com and I am happy to report that another great meal was had! First off I love anything with the word ‘Fromagerie’ in it, and this place definitely lives up to that title; boasting a one of a kind “cheese cave” which houses some of world’s finest artisanally-made cheeses. The restaurant, which opened in 2001, is a fabulous Parisian bistro (with a twist) offering up some of the best French bistro food this side of the pond; don’t even get me started on the fondue! Okay, get me started on the fondue, since that’s what we started our meal with. A mouthwatering pot of melted gouda & stout cheeses accompanied with bite size pieces of bread, of course, fresh apples and delicious kielbasa for dipping. It was some of the best fondue I have had in quite some time. After all that cheese I had to go with something on the lighter side, onion soup…topped with more cheese. Oh, come on, when in a French bistro! For my entrĂ©e I went with Mussels Frites…absolutely delicious, the broth alone was a meal in itself. After all of that delicious richness, just when I thought I couldn’t take anymore my inner glutton took control over my body and ordered the Profiteroles Sundae for dessert. Since I was already in a cheese coma from the fondue and the soup I take no responsibility for my actions…I didn’t know what I was doing. All I will say is…thank you inner glutton! All in all a great meal in a great space.

Recommendations: You’ve got to try a Fondue Pot, Onion Soup, Mussels Frites…and the ever so powerful Profiteroles Sundae! Wash it all down with a lovely bottle of Sancerre! Yummy!

2 Park Avenue (32nd Street)
New York, NY 10016
Ph: 212.725.8585

http://www.artisanalbistro.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment