Monday, August 30, 2010

Summer Camp

Who knew a little slice of rooftop craziness was happening every summer Sunday in Hell’s Kitchen? Yesterday I found myself at Summer Camp, a super gay clusterf@#k of drunken messiness happening at Highbar in midtown; a truly unexpected Sunday afternoon surprise! The liquor fueled carrying-on had campers dancing, drinking and ushering in the sunset atop the beautiful 16th floor patio…and on a gorgeous night like last night was the views were quite spectacular. There was some free/open bar vodka thing happening every so often. I really had no idea what was going on, but every hour or so I found myself with a free drink, so I didn’t ask questions. The DJ was dealing with a mad case of ADD, or else he was cracked out because he played everything from house and disco to Dolly Parton and vintage Whitney…it was all over the place! However, it was a prefect match for the colorfully confused and sweaty crowd. All I know is that my friends and I managed to have a drunken gay time (we gotta get all these roof top parties in before the season is a distant memory)! I’m just mad I discovered this gem of a soiree so late in the summer…oh well; at least I can start planning for camp next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment